o where it was the first couple of days.T

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gecko Nation Antwerp Forum Index // General Descussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yyys123

PostPosted: 22.02.2009    Post subject: o where it was the first couple of days.T Reply with quote
CHICAGO -- Patrick Sharp stepped up late to make sure the Chicago Blackhawks a win in their last regular-season home game. Sharp set up Marian Hossas tying goal in the final minute of regulation and then got the game-winner 43 seconds into overtime to lift the Blackhawks to a 3-2 win over the Montreal Canadiens on Wednesday night. Jeremy Morin also scored in the Blackhawks fourth straight win overall, and their first in overtime this season after seven losses despite leading in the NHL in goal scoring. "I think we were due," Chicago coach Joel Quenneville said. "Were a pretty good club offensively, but to take this long to get one. ... Its certainly a relief, and a huge two points for us and a nice comeback as well." Defending Stanley Cup champion Chicago may need some of that late magic when the playoffs start next week. "Its not the type of overtime you see in the playoffs," Quenneville said, "but going forward, it gets the monkey off our back." Sharp scored the winner -- and his team-leading 34th goal -- on a shot from the slot that struck Montreal goalie Peter Budaj, rolled high off his equipment, ticked off the left post and landed in the net. "It was at the end of a shift," Sharp said. "I let go of the shot. Makes up for the ones that hit the post." Hossa had tipped in Sharps feed from the right corner left to tie the game at 2 with 47.7 seconds left in the third period. "Michel Handzus made a great pass to me and I just wanted to get it toward the net," Sharp said. "I saw Hoss stick and he put it in." The Blackhawks put on a strong, wild finish to win a cautiously played game between Original Six rivals with depleted lineups. "I dont think we were especially happy with the way we played the first couple periods, but picked it up there towards the end," Chicago defenceman Duncan Keith said. "Their goalie made some big saves, too." Corey Crawford finished with 28 saves for the Blackhawks. Dale Weise and Francis Bouillon scored for Montreal, which snapped a two-game win streak and lost for just the third time in its last 13 games. Budaj had 25 saves. The Canadiens were without starting goalie Carey Price and defencemen Andrei Markov and Alexei Emelin, who didnt make the trip to Chicago so they could rest for the playoffs. Montreal will face Tampa Bay in the opening round, with home ice to be determines. "I thought we played a solid game," Montreal coach Michel Therrien said. "On the last two goals, it was some bad coverage in front of the net. "Im sure on the last goal, the winning goal, Peter certainly would like to see that shot again, but those things happen. This is not an easy place to play, but our effort was there again." Chicagos played its fourth game without star forwards Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane. Both are expected to miss the remainder of the regular season, but return for the playoffs. Earlier on Wednesday, Kane said he will be at 100 per cent for the post-season despite a brace on his injured left knee. Kane, who was leading Chicago in scoring when he was hurt in a game against St. Louis on March 19, resumed skating on his own five days ago. On Wednesday, he skated with his teammates for the first time in the hours before the game against Montreal. Canadiens forward Alex Galchenyuk played only two shifts in the first period before suffering a lower-body injury and did not return. The Canadiens won the other game this season between the teams on Jan. 11 in Montreal. All the scoring came after the second period. Weise, who had sat out the last six games with an upper body injury, got the Canadiens on the scoreboard first, completing a 3-on-2 break after taking a feed from Josh Gorges at 7:31 of the third. Gorges was playing for the first time since March 5 after undergoing surgery on his left hand. Morin tied at 10:34 on a low shot from the right circle that slipped between Budajs pads. Bouillon put the Canadiens back ahead just 22 seconds later, as his high screened shot from the point slipped past Crawfords shoulder. NOTES: Canadiens D Mike Weaver played his 600th NHL game. ... Out for Montreal were LW Travis Moen and LW Brandon Prust (both upper body), and D Douglas Murray, who sat out the final contest of a three-game suspension. ... Chicago LW Brandon Saad returned after sitting out one game per Quennevilles choice. ... Chicagos healthy scratches were D Michal Handzus and D David Rundblad and C Peter Regin, LW Teuvo Teravainen and C Matt Carey. Chris Paul Jersey . Terms of the contract were not disclosed by the club. Clemons spent his first five NFL seasons with the Miami Dolphins, who selected him in the fifth round of the 2009 draft out of Clemson. Deonte Burton Jersey .S. President Barack Obama saluted the Stanley Cup winning Chicago Blackhawks at the White House on Monday -- a rare moment for a president hungry to see more victorious teams from his hometown. https://www.thunderrookiesshop.com/Luguentz-Dort-City-Edition-Jersey/ . Mladenovics quick hands at the net made the difference while Bencics inexperience in doubles showed. "We took a lot of pleasure," Mladenovic told Sport Plus television. "Its extremely difficult to play in such conditions, but our doubles team showed a lot of quality. Abdel Nader Jersey . The move will give Hentgen the "time needed to support his family and his fathers current health issues," the Blue Jays said in a release. Hentgen spent 10 of his 14 big-league seasons with the Blue Jays, winning a Cy Young Award in 1996. Russell Westbrook Jersey . A steady downpour and low temperatures were predicted for much of the night. No makeup date was immediately announced, although it was determined that the game will not be part of a doubleheader on Wednesday.Phil Mickelson aimed a furious outburst at photographers on the fairway on the final hole of his third round at The 145th Open. Mickelson parted from his usual calm demeanour after blocking his second shot into a pot bunker short and left of the green, and he felt one of the vast array of photographers behind him had clicked their shutter on his backswing. Leaderboard The 145th Open The veteran American remonstrated with the group and could not contain his anger, or his language, before trudging disconsolately towards the green. To his credit, Mickelson regained his composure on the walk and played a near-perfect splash-out from the trap before rolling in the par putt to return a 70 and close one shot behind playing partner Henrik Stenson.Mickelson did not discuss the incident in his post-round interview, although he did admit to battling with his swing throughout the day, which could have been a factor in his final-hole frustration. Phil Mickelson said he had to fight for his round of 70 on day three and is looking forward to the challenge ahead tomorrow.dddddddddddd I was off today, I didnt have my best stuff, said the 2013 champion. My rhythm was a little quick from the top as we started downwind. I was a little bit jumpy and my rhythm wasnt very good.I found a way to kind of settle in and hit some shots and then find ways to make pars on the times that I hit some poor shots. Get a Sky Sports Pass Dont miss The Open. Watch live on NOW TV today for £10.99. No contract Today [Saturday] could have been a day that got away from me, instead I shot under par and kept myself right in heading into tomorrows final round, so Im proud of that. Andrew Getson and I have some work to do to get my swing back to where it was the first couple of days.The game of golf - it just comes and goes, but the most important thing is to find a way to get the ball in the hole, and thats what I did. I found a way to get the ball in the hole, make pars, and thats all that I really care about. Some days its easy and it looks pretty like the first couple. Some days its hard and it looks terrible, like it did today. But either way I shot three rounds under par, and Id love to play the final round the way I did the first two and give myself a shot.Watch the video at the top of the page to see Mickelson take issue with photographers on the 18th at Royal Troon, and dont miss final-round coverage of The 145th Open - live from 7:30am on Sky Sports The Open. Also See: Stenson snatches lead Open leaderboard Rory snaps! Get Sky Sports ' ' '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gecko Nation Antwerp Forum Index // General Descussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: